Sunday, January 8, 2012

White Chocolate Champagne Scones with Champagne Rose Icing ~ Happy Tea Party Tuesday!



Welcome to Tea Party Tuesday!

I am posting early because I am excited to 
share a new creation of mine that would be PERFECT for a 
Valentine's Day Tea Party!!



White Chocolate Champagne Scones w/
Champagne Rose Icing 




I will be sharing these with Lindsay @
The Dollhouse Bake Shoppe Blog





This creation is one I put together using a standard
scone recipe and just adding/substituting from there!

I was so proud..and excited!



I wanted to use the left over Champagne from
New Years and thought these two flavors would
be just lovely together....and I was RIGHT!

The Champagne Rose icing was a perfect
compliment to these delish treats. 

Here is the how-to:
INGREDIENTS:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
1/4 cup champagne + 2 tablespoons, divided
1 large egg

Preheat oven to 425°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add white chocolate chips.

Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup cream, egg, and champagne until combined.

Gradually pour cream mixture into flour-butter mixture, and stir until dough just comes together.

Right before using, mix extra 2 T of cream + 2 T of champagne together to brush on tops of scones prior to baking


Transfer dough to a floured surface, and lightly knead 4 to 5 times. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a heart cutter, cut scones, re-rolling once if necessary. 

Place scones on prepared baking sheets, and brush tops with remaining 2 tablespoons cream mixed w/ champagne. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.


CHAMPAGNE ROSE ICING: 

1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 T seedless strawberry preserves
2 T champagne (or can substitute water)
1/2 tsp rose water

In small bowl combine and whisk until smooth, drizzle over scones! YUM!



For a link to my recipe (printable) click HERE!

Enjoying some Nutcracker Suite Tea this week in this
lovely Rose cup, so delicate and sweet!



I am excited for all the Valentine's Day inspired
treats I plan to share this month. FUN.



I had to say a quick note regarding the loss of the Tea Time
with Wanda Lee and Pam. I know I speak for everyone when I say that we will miss them very much! But good advice follows this:
  LIFE before blog, never blog before LIFE.

Thanks for linking up - I always enjoy what you bring to TEA!



TEA, INSPIRATION & TABLESCAPES:
OTHER FUN SWEETS/FOOD and CRAFT LINK PARTIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Mouth Watering Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Mingle Monday, Made it on Monday Sumo's Sweet Stuff Made by You Mondays Making the World Cuter Mondays Motivate Me Monday Joy of Desserts Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday  Mangia Mondays TUESDAY Crazy for Crust Confessions of a SAHM Delicious Dishes Cupcake Tuesday Let's Do Brunch Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Mandi's Tasty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesday Handmade Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Tip Me Tuesday Time Out Tuesday Get Your Craft On WEDNESDAY Cast Party Wednesday Lil' Luna Ginger Snap Crafts Wonka Wednesday Whatever Goes Wednesday Wow Us Wednesday Look What I Made Wednesday What I Whipped Up Wednesday Let's Do Brunch Whatever You Want Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday This Chick Cooks Gooseberry PatchTHURSDAYArtsy Girl Sweet Treats Thursday Sweets This Week Thursday Show Your Stuff House of Hepworths Brambleberry Cottage FRIDAY: Tidy Mom Inspiration Friday Feathered Nest Friday Bacon Time Friday Party Sweet Tooth Friday Show and Tell Friday It's a Hodgepodge Friday Weekend Wrap Up Flaunt it Friday Sassy Sites Friday Fun Fridays Unfolded Food on Fridays Friday Flair Foodie FridayWEEKEND Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays The Girl Creative Sundae Scoop



39 comments:

Mary Neumann said...

Hi Trish,
The white chocolate champagne scones with
champagne rose icing look so sweet and yummy, they are adorable!

Your Grinch cookies over the holidays are the cutest Christmas cookies I've ever seen! So cute and clever!

Hope you have a great week! Thank you so much for hosting the party!

Cheers ~ Mary

Tiff said...

These scones are so AMAZING!!! I have to make some! Thanks for sharing the gorgeous inspiration!!! X

Samual James said...

White Chocolate Champagne Scones with Champagne Rose Icing is defintely a awesome one... Oh Man!!! I start to dazzle just by thinking about this... This dish is looking very awesome and want just now.. I cann't more wait to get it...
Cheap Champagne

Lisa said...

If I wasn't on my health/fitness regime, I would sprint into my kitchen to make these. You had me at white chocolate and champagne.
Hugs,
Lisa

Michael said...

Cute scones! I linked up a Valentine treat for you as well :)

Donna Heber said...

Hi Trisha,

I am so happy to be joining you this week as it has been a while. I just adore your rose teacup and your heart scones look scrumptious!

MyCakeSchool.com said...

Yes, yes, yes--love these. I have never made scones before but you are making them look just too good--I'm printing off the recipe! ;0)

Lisa said...

Mmmm, these look fabulous! So pretty and elegant too!

Notes from the Homestead said...

Nice! That is hilarious, is that "your" James in the comment above! Ha! Love it!...Well, I too am very enjoyed for this site! I am so glad I was the lucky taste tester of these delicious and unique scones! They are a MUST bake for Valentines Day!!!!

cookies and cups said...

How cute! Love that the scones are heart shaped :)

Angela McRae said...

What beautiful scones! Bravo, bravo (insert clapping sounds)!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Trisha, your scones are so pretty and I bet tasty too. They would be lovely for a Valentines Tea. Cute teacup!

Blessiings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

You did a fabulous job! I love the look of these little cuties!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What gorgeous scones & they sound so delicious...perfect for Valentine's Day. xoxo

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks for hosting! Those scones sound delish. I was wondering what to make with leftover champagne...now I know!

Kathy said...

This sounds heavely Trisha! Looks too pretty to eat too - but, I wouldn't hesitate!:)
Hope you have a blessed week! Thanks for hosting!
Kathy

Kathy said...

I meant heavenly :D

MsFoxsSweets said...

Wowee Kazowee! These scones are beautiful! I just have to keep scrolling back up and looking at them! Such a fun and romantic tea party! Thanks for hosting!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Trisha
These scones look delicious and perfect for a Valentine's tea. Aren't you smart to find a way to use leftover champagne.
Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Judith

podso said...

Hi Trisha, I'm new to your blog party but wanted to share my kiddy tea! I am so anxious to try your scone recipe for a valentine's tea. Thanks for sharing it, I'm going to print it!

dotsie/podso

Sugar Swings said...

so pretty Trish! love them!!

Susan-The Weekly Sweet Experiment said...

Thanks for hosting. The scones look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Trisha,
The scones sound really good. I have to say the little guy on a stick might be the best,cutest funniest ground hog I've ever seen, too. Thank you for hosting. Pat

Allison said...

These sound great!!!

I invite you to add this post (or any other Valentine's Day posts) the Find Some Love Fest on February 1st! 5 blogs, 1 party!

http://www.feedingmytemple.com/2012/01/exciting-announcement.html

Brenda said...

Now aren't you the creative one!! I love the heart shaped scones and they sound so delicious. And teaming it with a Nutcracker Suite Tea is perfect.
Yes, I will also miss Wanda Lee and Pam. You little sediment concerning life and blogging is so profound. I wish them all the best and hope to see them again some day.
Hugs,
Brenda

Cooking for My Kids said...

Your heart scones are absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Trish - You are too clever by halves!!! Love Mr. Groundhog and such a sweet heart!! Oh! How I would love to partake like I used to. Unfortunately, Ed has been diagnoses with high cholesterol and his sugar count is high enough that he has to do a diabetes work-up. My gluten and dairy issues continue to take all the joy out of chocolate cake and sundry pastries. We are changing diet and lifestyle in a big way. Hoping to explore teatime options that fit our changing life so all is good. Any tips in this direction???
Joy!
Kathy

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

These are just gorgeous! Too pretty to eat and yet I would. :-) I am stumbling this post. I am a new Twitter follower visiting from Reasons to Skip the Housework. Vicky from Mess For Less

Paula said...

Kudos to you for coming up with the wonderful recipe for scones and icing and for creating such pretty scones. They do look delicious.

My Little Home and Garden said...

Your goodies for tea are gorgeous, as always, Trisha!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Whow, Trisha, your scones look fantastic. I am sure I will lvoe them as I am very fond to all rose recipes. Thank you so much for sharing this yummy creation.
Best greetings, Johanna

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

What a lovely idea! They are perfect for Valentines day.

Tricia said...

Leftover champagne?? Never heard of it! :-) Your scones do look and sound delectable -- and perfect as a Valentine's Day treat!

Entertaining Women said...

Thank you so much for sharing your Champagne Rose Scone Recipe. I look forward to giving it a try! Cherry Kay

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Very unique and I love the heart shape. Happy Pink Sat.

Leah H. said...

Looks yummy! Thank's for sharing the recipe:)

Visiting for Pink Saturday! Here's my share- hope you can stop by:)

http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2012/01/pink-elephant.html

Terry said...

Oo,those look delicious! And they are beautiful as well.

michele said...

omg yum! visiting via french country cottage.

would love to have you stop over to my kate spade giveaway!

http://www.hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/01/something-old-something-new-giveaway.html

smiles.

michele

Tiffany@Fizzy Party! said...

Those scones look delicious. I've never made scones before but definitly want to try these.
Coming to you from Dollhouse Bake Shoppes Virtual Valentine's party.

 
Blogging tips